Are you facing a stiff challenge? Or maybe a promising opportunity, but it seems like such a long shot. There are advantages to being an underdog—we’re forced to be creative and innovative. We break out of that limiting “box” to potentially rise to a new level.
The almost 3000-year-old account of David and Goliath is the perfect underdog touchstone. The ginormous Philistine arrogantly presumed how the life and death contest would play out. But he had no way of knowing what was coming at him! He was about to be taken down by an "underdog!"
See the show notes page for this episode on JesusSmart.com (See the Ted Talk and book by Malcolm Gladwell)
DAVID'S SUPER GENIUS
Yes, David was a highly skilled "slinger." But when he released that stone, it was really riding on the higher energy of …
- David’s connection and covenant relationship with God.
- His faithful lifestyle of intimate worship.
- The personal victories he was building upon in his private life (he killed the lion and the bear while watching his father’s sheep).
IS THERE SOMETHING THAT NEEDS TO BE SEVERED FROM YOUR LIFE?
Let’s think about it … what needs to be nullified (listen to the podcast to understand what I mean here) in our lives, or in the world around us?
- Is it something relationally?
- Is it in the realm of finances or business?
- Is there a challenge in the areas of physical, mental, or emotional well-being?
- Is there an impact you desire to make?
If we feel intimidated or overwhelmed about something, let’s start allowing hope to rise within. Like David, let’s go deeper, develop our internal state, and discover hidden keys to execute a surprising victory!
JESUS SMART: THE PODCAST
We’re resolved that Jesus Christ is the most brilliant person to walk the planet! He knows how life works best. And the future belongs to him ... and those who follow him.
Stellar guests are on the docket. And we’ll be questing after Kingdom themes -- what Jesus taught and modeled.
Be smart. Subscribe and stay connected with your favorite podcast platform. Visit JesusSmart.com.